Polydextrose is a kind of water-soluble dietary fiber. Randomly bonded condensation polymers of glucose with some sorbitol end-groups, and with citric acid or phosphoric acid residues attached topolymers by mono or diester bonds. They are abtained by melting. It is white or off-white powder, soluble in water easily, the solubility is 70%. Soft sweet, no special taste. It has health care function and can supply the human body with Water – soluble dietary fiber.
- Can replace sugar and fat in food and improve food texture and taste
- Taste fresh, easy to release the food flavor. In various applications, have the function of improving the food flavor.
- Widely recognized as a good source of dietary fiber
- Prebiotics which can improve the digestive tract health
- Low blood glucose response, metabolism does not need insulin, suitable for diabetic patients Satiety, help control body weight, apply to consumers who want to control the carbohydrate intake.
- Good toleration.